Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wrong Thinking

I just realized, I've been going about this all wrong.

I started up my 'blog just for fun. I wanted to play around with it, and I had a vague idea that I could post things that are happening to me, and my family and friends would sign on to check it out. Mostly, though, I thought 'blogs were cool, and I wanted one.

Then I got the idea that scores of people would pay attention to me if I had a 'blog. (Why I feel this intense need for attention is beyond me). I thought if I'd only post interesting stuff, I'd get people that would stop by and comment. Then I thought I could make a little money by signing up for Google Adsense. The scores of people that visited my sight would find the adds useful.

Well, no one has commented on a single post. Sure, there's a photo I posted that has a comment, but the sad thing is that is actually me, playing around with the site. I don't really want to take the time out of my life to write a lot of stuff to post here, and I don't think any of my friends or family has every looked at my 'blog.

I am going to continue to put things here, but just for my self. I'll post articles I liked, and I have an idea on some reviews of Brian Herbert's and Kevin Anderson's Dune books, but who knows if I'll get around to it. In short, this site is going to be for me alone. I'd be happy to hear from people who wander in, but I'm not going to do anything to entice people. I'm really not that insecure that I must jump up and down, wave my arms and shout "LOOK AT ME". Sheesh.

No comments: