Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I was in Cub Scouts, and we were on a father-son campout at a local youth camp.
Some of us boys went fishing while the fathers lounged nearby. I caught a fish but it had swallowed the hook. We asked what to do and one of the fathers said "Cut it." Nothing more, just "Cut it."

So.

We went over to the diving platform.
I took out my rather dull scout knife and proceded to perform surgery on the fish to get my hook out. Well, this took a while (dull knife) and eventually the cluster of boys drew the attention of the fathers. One sauntered over, saw what we were doing and said, basically "what the hell are you doing?!"

I said "you said to cut it out". He shook his head, grabbed the fish, jerked the hook out and threw the fish into the lake.

True story.

No comments: